Have you prayed for your pastors today? Be part of a mighty prayer support system for our pastors. Each and every day may they know that we are in prayer for them.
“Remember those who led you, who spoke the word of God to you” (Heb. 13:7, NASB).
SEVEN DAYS WITH OUR PASTORS: A Prayer Guide
– author unknown
SUNDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS PREACHERS-TEACHERS
“Pray also for me, that whenever, I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.” (Eph. 6:19, NIV).
1. Pray that Christ may be lifted up through them.
2. Pray that they may experience the anointing of the Spirit as they preach/teach.
3. Pray that needs may be met, hearts blessed, and lives changed, through the preaching/teaching of the Word.
MONDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS SERVANT LEADERS—ADMINISTRATORS
“Give your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people to discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours” (1 Kings 3:9, NASB)
1. Pray that they may lead with the direction and sensitivity that only the Holy Spirit can offer.
2. Pray that they may offer guidance that brings unity and shared vision.
TUESDAY – I PRAY FOR EACH OF THEM AS A PERSON
“Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, Even the Most High, your dwelling place, No evil shall befall you, Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways” (Ps. 9:9-11, NKJV).
1. Pray for their Sabbath and their rest in the Lord.
2. Pray for them as part of a family…a husband or wife, a father or mother, a son or daughter. Pray that those cherished times in their home shall be a blessing to them and to their loved ones.
3. Pray that things of this earth will not overtake their spirit with preoccupation and misplaced priorities.
WEDNESDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS PASTORS
“I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding”(Jer. 3:15,NASB).
1. Pray that the Holy Spirit may be the Comforter of souls through His servants as they counsel the troubled,visit the sick in homes and hospitals, and exhibit the love of Christ in daily acts of ministry.
2. Pray that, as pastors, they may emulate the strength and compassion of the Good Shepherd.
THURSDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS PROPHETS
“I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction” (2 Tim. 4:1-2, NASB).
1. Pray that as they prepare sermons or teachings or give a word during praise and worship, only the Word of the Lord may be revealed.
2. Pray that the emerging vision God has for His people may be revealed and clearly interpreted
through His servants.
FRIDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS EVANGELISTS
“How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news” (Rom. 10:15, NASB).
1. Pray for them as they win souls to Christ and as they teach others to win souls to Christ.
2. Pray that doors of opportunity for witness may be continually opening to them.
SATURDAY – I PRAY FOR THEM AS DISCIPLES OF JESUS
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Eph. 6:10-12, NASB).
1. Pray that they may continue to discover new depths of understanding as students of the Word.
2. Pray that they may ever find a consistent balance between the Word and the deed as they follow Jesus.
3. Pray that a wall of protection surround them and that they may be kept safe from the devices of Satan.