It is my desire that the Word of God would reach every nation in this world. It is my desire that the Lord would use this blog and my studies of the Word for His glory. For that reason, I highlight nations that have yet to come across my blog in some way – targeting them here but even more so in my prayers, as I study and share about them.
In the heart of the Pyrenees Mountains, between France and Spain, the Principality of Andorra is one of the smallest European states. It is only 458 sq. Km. The population is 87,000. Only ¼ of the residents are native. Most others are from Spain. The official language is Catalan, which is closely related to Spanish. The Andorran people have the sixth-highest life expectancy in the world, living to an average of 85 years.
A Principality is a state ruled by a prince, usually a relatively small or subordinate state. For 715 years, from 1278 to 1993, Andorrans lived under a unique co-principality. They were ruled by both French and Spanish leaders.
In 1993 while titles for heads of state were retained, the government transformed into a parliamentary democracy. In the late 20th century, Andorra became a popular tourist destination. An estimated 10 million people visit each year drawn by the winter sports, summer climate, and duty-free shopping. Andorra has also become a wealthy international commercial center because of its banking facilities, low taxes, and lack of customs duties.
However, recent economic hardships have required Andorra to start taxing foreign investments and to implement stricter economic policies.
The Catholic Church remains the official church, and 90% of the people claim affiliation. Despite their claims, Andorra is very secular, and the occult is a significant influence in this nation. Many consult mediums and seers for guidance, often at a very high cost.
Drug and alcohol addiction is common, broken families are widespread, and suicide rates are high.
Biblical Christianity struggles to retain a foothold. Catholicism has lost its appeal, and the handful of other congregations where evangelicals worship grow very slowly. Praise God for committed expatriate believers and the few indigenous Andorran believers.
How to pray for Andorra:
- Pray for the Holy Ghost to fall and open the eyes and hearts of those turning to mediums for answers.
- Pray for all faithful disciples of Jesus Christ, that they might have the passion, boldness, and discernment to share their faith effectively.
- Pray for genuine revival and the resulting church growth.
- Pray for deliverance for those battling drugs and addictions of any kind.
- Pray for deliverance for those battling depression, anxiety, fear, that suicide spirit.
- Pray for the broken homes, that husbands and wives would each surrender to the Lord and that they will allow Him to bind them together by the power of the Holy Ghost.
- Pray for tourists seeking duty-free goods to find their contentment in Jesus Christ.
Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people; but the LORD will arise upon thee, and His glory shall be seen upon thee. ~ Isaiah 60:1,2
Lift up your heads, O ye gates! Even lift them up, ye everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah. ~ Psalm 24:9-10