1 Chronicles 26:12–27:34 Romans 4:13–5:5 Psalm 14:1-7 Proverbs 19:17
The LORD Looked Down from Heaven
The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. – Psalm 14:2
And Hushai the Archite was the King’s Companion
– And over the king’s treasures was Azmaveth the son of Adiel: and over the storehouses in the fields, in the cities, and in the villages, and in the castles, was Jehonathan the son of Uzziah:
– and over them that did the work of the field for tillage of the ground was Ezri the son of Chelub:
– and over the vineyards was Shimei the Ramathite: over the increase of the vineyards for the wine cellars was Zabdi the Shiphmite:
– and over the olive trees and the sycamore trees that were in the low plains was Baal-hanan the Gederite: and over the cellars of oil was Joash:
– and over the herds that fed in Sharon was Shitrai the Sharonite: and over the herds that were in the valleys was Shaphat the son of Adlai:
– over the camels also was Obil the Ishmaelite: and over the asses was Jehdeiah the Meronothite:
– and over the flocks was Jaziz the Hagerite. All these were the rulers of the substance which was king David’s.
– Also Jonathan David’s uncle was a counsellor, a wise man, and a scribe: and Jehiel the son of Hachmoni was with the king’s sons:
– and Ahithophel was the king’s counsellor: and Hushai the Archite was the king’s companion:
– and after Ahithophel was Jehoiada the son of Benaiah, and Abiathar: and the general of the king’s army was Joab.
– 1 Chronicles 27:25-34
I found it interesting that God had recorded in His Word not only the details of assignments but also who was assigned to each task for those that stood with king David. There were so many ways to serve. Some were over the gardens, some over vineyards, some over cattle, some over camels, some over people. Some were counselors, some were warriors, and at least one was a friend. If you are blessed to have been divinely assigned to stand alongside someone, I believe God is writing it down the detail in His chronicles just as He did of these.
But For Us Also
Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; but for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. – Romans 4:23-25
But We Glory in Tribulations Also
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; and patience, experience; and experience, hope: and hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. – Romans 5:3-5
He that Hath Pity Upon the Poor
He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the LORD; and that which he hath given will he pay him again. – Proverbs 19:17