Jeremiah 39:1–41:18; 2 Timothy 1:1-18; Psalm 90:1–91:16; Proverbs 26:1-2
Our Dwelling Place in All Generations
LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place In all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. – Psalm 90:1-2
With Long Life Will I Satisfy Him
– He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
– I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: My God; in him will I trust.
– Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, And from the noisome pestilence.
– He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
– Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; Nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
– Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; Nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
– A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; But it shall not come nigh thee.
– Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold And see the reward of the wicked.
– Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, Even the most High, thy habitation;
– There shall no evil befall thee, Neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
– For he shall give his angels charge over thee, To keep thee in all thy ways.
– They shall bear thee up in their hands, Lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
– Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: The young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
– Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
– He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
– With long life will I satisfy him, And shew him my salvation.
– Psalm 91:1-16
An Apostle of Jesus Christ by the Will of God
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus, To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. – 2 Timothy 1:1-2
Mindful of Thy Tears, that I May Be Filled with Joy
I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day; greatly desiring to see thee, being mindful of thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; when I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. – 2 Timothy 1:3-7
Be Thou Partaker of the Afflictions of the Gospel
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, but is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. – 2 Timothy 1:8-11
Hold Fast the Form of Sound Words
For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us. – 2 Timothy 1:12-14
This is why I suffer as I do. Still, I am not ashamed; for I know Him [and I am personally acquainted with Him] whom I have believed [with absolute trust and confidence in Him and in the truth of His deity], and I am persuaded [beyond any doubt] that He is able to guard that which I have entrusted to Him until that day [when I stand before Him]. Keep and follow the pattern of sound teaching (doctrine) which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. Guard [with greatest care] and keep unchanged, the treasure [that precious truth] which has been entrusted to you [that is, the good news about salvation through personal faith in Christ Jesus], through [the help of] the Holy Spirit who dwells in us. – 2 Timothy 1:12-14 AMP
The Lord Give Mercy Unto the House of Onesiphorus
This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes. The Lord give mercy unto the house of Onesiphorus; for he oft refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain: but, when he was in Rome, he sought me out very diligently, and found me. The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well. – 2 Timothy 1:15-18
Because Thou Has Put Thy Trust in Me
For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the LORD. – Jeremiah 39:18
The Curse Causeless Shall Not Come
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, So the curse causeless shall not come. – Proverbs 26:2
Like the sparrow in her wandering, like the swallow in her flying, So the curse without cause does not come and alight [on the undeserving]. – Proverbs 26:2 AMP